5 Reasons every Food Truck needs a POS System
The food truck business is about being where your customers are when they need your product. Oftentimes your most lucrative hours are limited, and you need to be prepared and at your best to maximize those opportunities, that means you need to have all your equipment and systems functioning at full speed to support you. When it comes to taking payments, you need to be wireless and fast.
Beyond the ability to take payments is the need to run your business from anywhere and having the technology to help you grow. A Point-of-Sale system is the right solution to meet the needs of today’s food truck owners.
Here are 5 Benefits of a POS system:
- Ability to be anywhere anytime taking payments. Credit, debit, Apply Pay, Google Pay, or NFC, you have every option available in the market at your fingertips.
- Easily track sales, cash, and cards revenue. Know how much you made, on what products, at what location and time, to best plan for your future sales and events. A POS system will calculate your total sales by payment type and product amongst other data points and provide you with the reporting you need to make educated business decisions.
- Increase efficiency and accuracy during the chaotic busy times with easily entering the orders into a POS touch screen. Most POS systems have a fully integrated menu with fingertip item selection sent directly to a customer facing payment display. This allows you to focus on fulfilling more orders in less time and eliminate missing items or mis keying and undercharging.
- Manage inventory throughout the day while on the road, reducing end of the day tasks and potential shortage errors. Run simple reports from a dashboard that tells you how many you sold of each item, allowing you to reorder ahead of time and plan your next food shipment. Avoid buying last minute at higher prices when you can plan based on your sales and inventory reporting.
- Build a customer database for marketing, social media engagement and future advertising with your POS system. Enter emails and phone numbers for direct marketing and texting campaigns. Create a rewards or loyalty program and automate communication via your POS dashboard. Eliminate spreadsheets and multiple databases for marketing, everything can be housed in your POS and instantly notify your customer that they qualify for a reward!
If you are not currently utilizing a Point-of-Sale system to help you grow and run your business, it’s time to evaluate if implementing one will help you achieve your business goals.
Work smarter not harder with Appstar and our POS solutions. Find out if a Clover POS is the right solution for your business.